Reference Ratings for Endorsement
Reference ratings for Endorsement are critically important. They are our primary source for documenting an applicant’s skills in the domains of Reflection, Working with Others and Thinking. Reference rating forms are filled out electronically via EASy. An Endorsement applicant enters the name and email address of the rater and then the EASy system emails the rater a secure link for completing the form.
Reviewing the questions from the reference rating form is recommended both for applicants and raters. The questions can be used in a supervision session to mutually assess the applicant’s professional progress.
Tips for Applicants:
- If the reference is your supervisor (program and/or reflective), consider looking over the questions together in supervision and requesting feedback
- Ask your reference provider if they would be willing to complete a form (electronically) for you
- Be sure each reference is familiar enough with your work, knowledge, & skills to provide ratings
Tips for Raters:
- Have you known the applicant well enough to answer the questions?
- If the applicant is part of an RSC group that you facilitate, have you heard enough from this applicant to feel that you know their skills well enough to rate them?
- For IMH-E®, Is the applicant providing direct service to families of infants/toddlers (0-36 months)?
- If it is an IFRS or IMHM Clinical applicant, are you familiar with their skills as a provider of RSC (and not only as a practitioner)?
- Consider reviewing the reference rating questions (see below) with the applicant periodically to help track your assessment of their progress over time
- If you have reservations, have you shared them directly with the applicant?
- If you have reservations, consider either declining the request to provide a reference or indicating that you do not recommend. We occasionally see very low scores, but with an overall recommendation to endorse, which can be confusing for reviewers and applicants
To view the reference rating questions, click on the appropriate link to below. (PLEASE NOTE: These files contain the questions but should NOT be used as a part of an application. Reference rating forms must be completed electronically via link from EASy).